cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R3 Viewfinder Display icons

fjcanon
Contributor

In the EVF of the R3, Does anyone knows what the flashing symbol/icon, which is positioned under the battery icon and to the right of the image counter represents?  This icon is positioned on the lower right of Electronic view finder.  I tried removing all the display icon on the view finder but it still shows up.

This icon does not appear on the screen.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Do you think it's because I have not configured the eye control as yet, this is why it is flashing?  

Glad you found the culprit! Yes, it is likely flashing to indicate that it is not configured at this stage.  It should be worth the effort - although apparently results vary and the configuration can be repetitive as one is supposed to set it up in several different types of light.  I wish you good luck with the system - they say it's brilliant once it is set up and running.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Have you looked from Pg 1036-38 of the user manual for an explanation of viewfinder display symbols?

Link to a PDF copy Here 

R3 viewfinder display.jpg

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thanks for your recommendation.  I was able to locate the icon in the manual on page 1032. It's the eye control icon. I haven't configured it yet so maybe that is why it is flashing.  As mentioned, at this moment it only shows up in the viewfinder and not the lcd display.   Just got the cam so i'm just starting to learn about it's features.  Thanks again Tronhard.

Eye ControlEye Control

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Flashing icons is typically how the camera calls for your help.  There is some set of conditions for which it cannot automatically compensate to achieve a correct exposure.  The flashing icon is the issue that you need to correct.  

Sometimes the flashing icons are just warnings to alert you unusual shooting conditions.  You can define which warnings the camera will present to you in the displays. For example, if you are saving as JPG files and Picture Style is to Monochrome.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for your response, Waddizzle. Please see my response above. Do you think it's because I have not configured the eye control as yet, this is why it is flashing?  

Do you think it's because I have not configured the eye control as yet, this is why it is flashing?  

Glad you found the culprit! Yes, it is likely flashing to indicate that it is not configured at this stage.  It should be worth the effort - although apparently results vary and the configuration can be repetitive as one is supposed to set it up in several different types of light.  I wish you good luck with the system - they say it's brilliant once it is set up and running.

cheers, TREVOR

Awesome. Thanks again, Trevor

You are most welcome!

cheers, TREVOR

Announcements