cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M50 Mark II won’t take pictures

Presidentconnor
Apprentice

I just opened up a brand new EOS M50 Mark II with the 15-45mm kit lens. I attached the lenses and charged the battery and all that according to the directions but then when I turn it on on the auto function like the manual says, my screen doesn’t have the same options. When I press QSet it doesn’t do what the manual says it should, instead it asks about filters. It also shows F00 at the bottom. I cleaned the connection bits on the lens but nothing is working.

4 REPLIES 4

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:

Great to see that you are following the instructions, but sorry to learn you are having issues.  Am I correct in thinking you are following the full manual at this stage - like the one in THIS LINK 

for a longer video with more details try THIS ONE 

It may be that the manual is looking at a different setting from the one you are using.  As I can't see your camera in real time, can you please set the camera to Av mode and look to see if the settings then display as indicated. Also, to use the 15-45mm lens, you will need to operate a switch on the bottom of the lens to extend it before the lens can be used.

I would suggest viewing a couple of videos before proceeding with your camera and these may help you:
I suggest starting with this one: HERE   I suggest watching the whole video once and then go through it again, following along and hopefully that will help you.

If you still have issues, please just come back to us for more information

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Greetings Presidentconnor,

I would agree with the information that Tronhard was able to provide. Please check the shooting mode on the camera along with ensuring that the focal length marker on the lens has been moved to 15mm from it's locked position by holding down the switch and rotating the zoom ring. Please also test the camera in the Av mode since this would allow for us to adjust the aperture and the camera should provide the f-stop on the display instead of showing "f00".

Thanks for the reply! Yes that looks like the same manual I’ve been working off of after the one included. I switched to Av mode and it still is stuck saying F00. After checking other forums I found it was probably a lens issue. After playing with settings it said no lens was attached. I cleaned the pins and the sensors on the lens as was instructed in various places but still nothing has worked. I’m thinking of just taking it in to where I bought it to see if it’s just an issue with the camera or the lens.

It does sound like a lens issue.  Make sure the lens has been fully rotated in the mount until your hear a CLICK that locks it into place on the camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements