cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Photos From EOS REBEL XSi to My Mac

Bob-03
Contributor

I have been told that my camera (EOS Rebel Xsi is no longer supported by Canon.  EOS Utility software does not exist for MacOS 13.1 (Ventura).  However, I want to download photos from EOS Rebel Xsi WITHOUT using canon software (it doesn't exit for my computer) to my computer. Any suggestions?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SanDisk is one brand you could go with.  Be sure though to choose a connector that will work with your computer.

e.g. SanDisk has a "SanDisk Extreme Pro SD Card USB Type-C Reader" product (manufacturer part #: SDDR-409-A46) that connects via USB-C.   If your Mac doesn't have USB-C, but older USB ports, you could use their "SanDisk UHS-I SD Card Reader" product instead (manufacturer part #: SDDR-C531-ANANN)

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Does your Mac have a built-in SD card reader?   If not, such readers are inexpensive and typically the best method to transfer photos to your computer.

--
Ricky

Thank you for your reply.  I honestly don't think so.  I will look into the card reader.  Any suggestions?

SanDisk is one brand you could go with.  Be sure though to choose a connector that will work with your computer.

e.g. SanDisk has a "SanDisk Extreme Pro SD Card USB Type-C Reader" product (manufacturer part #: SDDR-409-A46) that connects via USB-C.   If your Mac doesn't have USB-C, but older USB ports, you could use their "SanDisk UHS-I SD Card Reader" product instead (manufacturer part #: SDDR-C531-ANANN)

--
Ricky

Ricky,

Many thanks.  That sounds like a solution!!  Have a great day.

Bob

Ricky,

I thought I would close the loop.  Your suggestion to use a card reader worked perfectly.  Thank you for your help.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

While most folks here will recommend the use of a card reader (as Ricky did), you can also use the Mac software Image Capture.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements