cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous Shooting Not Working-PLEASE help!

goastros5
Apprentice

My continuous shooting has stopped working. I shoot in sport mode the most, so I'm freaking out here. I hold the button down and only one shot is taken, nothing happens until I let go.

Rebel T6, just updated firmware to 1.2.0, have tried removing battery and SD card. And yes, continuous shooting is selected.

This has happened once before, the camera stopped taking pictures completely and displayed an error whenever I turned it on (I believe it was #34). That time I just let it sit overnight and then it was fine. Now I've tried all the trouble shooting I can find, and I can't find much. Typically when I google tech solutions I can find an answer or at least others who are having the same issue, but with this I can't and I've tried several times. I even called a local camera shop and they said they've never heard of this happening before.

It started when I was messing around with the self timer. I tried taking 3 continuous shots with self timer, and since that point the continuous shooting won't work at all. It worked the first time, I waited for the timer and took 3 shots with different poses. Then the next the screen just stayed black after the first shot was taken, and the lens error came up. I let it sit and now I can use the camera fine, except continuous shooting.

Can anyone offer me any solutions? Or a shop that can help (In the Boston area)? The shop I contacted said no one ever looks at DSLRs anymore, and they always need to be shipped out. I'm going on a trip at the end of October and NEED continuous shooting for that, and also don't think that's enough time to send it out.

PLEASE HELP! 

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

stevet1
Authority
Authority

goastros5,

You said something about a lens error coming up.

Do you have another lens you can put on your camera as an experiment?

Steve Thomas

Yes, same issue with both of my lenses. 

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Backtrack to default settings and go from there? Watching this as I have a T7.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

I have already reset to factory settings as well. Didn't help.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Since you are in Boston area go to Hunt Photo in Melrose/Stoneham area. They may be able to help you.  

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
Announcements