cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon rebel T6 slow photos and blur

KeeliCummings
Apprentice

I have a Canon Rebel T6 which I ordered at the end of May. It came with the kit lens, 18-55 mm and then I ordered a Yongnuo 50mm lens for it. Well, I've had no issues with it until today. I just shot a wedding last weekend on Saturday and I had no issues then or the days after it till today. At first it was just the 18-55mm that was causing slow photos and blur, but now it's both. I'm really struggling and stressed because I have a mommy and me photoshoot on thursday and I'm the photographer for my dad's wedding at the end of the month. Please help me!!

The problems: When I take a photo, it takes it, but holds the shutter sound, and when it finally takes the photo, it's really blurry. This is on almost every setting on the camera.

PLEASE HELP ASAP

PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!

9 REPLIES 9

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Whenever stuff happens you don't know why, reset the camera.  Under the Tools tab select 'Clear all settings'.  You could have accidentally set something like silent shutter and not realized it.

After you reset it, set the mode dial to Auto, green square, ISO 100, and go outside on a nice day and try it.  If it now works success but if it doesn't come back and I can offer something else to try.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Hello!  I am also new and am having a similar problem as Keeli.  I bought the Canon Rebel T6 kit that came with the 18-55 lens an dthe 75-300 lens.  I took great pictures until about 4 days ago.  The 18-55 lens was really slow to take the pictures but they still were beautiful when it did take them.  However 2 days ago, the 18-55 lens was taking very blurry pictures.  I cannot focus it and it will not focus on AF either.  The 75-300 lens still takes beautiful pictures.  I have tried the suggestions listed here and it still does not focus.  

I have read the manual and am not sure what to do next.  I do have a warranty but am hoping it's just a newbie error that I made that can be corrected without having to send it off.

Thanks for any assistance!

Saundra

"Whenever stuff happens you don't know why, reset the camera.  Under the Tools tab select 'Clear all settings'.  You could have accidentally set something like silent shutter and not realized it.

After you reset it, set the mode dial to Auto, green square, ISO 100, and go outside on a nice day and try it.  If it now works success but if it doesn't come back and I can offer something else to try."

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@smcausillas6 wrote:

Hello!  I am also new and am having a similar problem as Keeli.  I bought the Canon Rebel T6 kit that came with the 18-55 lens an dthe 75-300 lens.  I took great pictures until about 4 days ago.  The 18-55 lens was really slow to take the pictures but they still were beautiful when it did take them.  However 2 days ago, the 18-55 lens was taking very blurry pictures.  I cannot focus it and it will not focus on AF either.  The 75-300 lens still takes beautiful pictures.  I have tried the suggestions listed here and it still does not focus.  

I have read the manual and am not sure what to do next.  I do have a warranty but am hoping it's just a newbie error that I made that can be corrected without having to send it off.

Thanks for any assistance!

Saundra

Is your 18-55 lens one of the newer STM versions? (It should say "STM" somewhere on the lens.) If not, you may have accidentally tried to focus it manually while it was set to "AF". That can jam the autofocus motor and keep the lens from focusing in either mode. Sometimes the damage is permanent, but sometimes it can be corrected by manually un-jamming the AF motor, a procedure that has been described several times in this forum. It's not for the faint-hearted and can cause additional damage, but what have you got to lose? Usually entry-level lenses aren't worth the cost of professional repair.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

What shooting mode are you using, Tv, Av, Prog, etc.? Have you accidentally set the shutter delay self-timer, or forgot to shut it off after last using it?

diverhank
Authority

It seems to be that you were in a low light environment and the camera has set a very slow shutter speed.  You probably were in Av mode and with a fixed ISO so the camera can only change the speed and it won't pop the flash unless you tell it to.

If you don't really know what you're doing and rely on the camera automatic mode, when you encounter a blurring condition, short of using the green square, I'd suggest the following:

1. Change mode to Tv

2. Set speed to 60 or more (optimally for the 18-55, you want to set the speed to 100)

3. Make sure ISO is on auto

By doing this, the speed is fast enough to not blur the pictures and the camera can change the ISO to keep proper exposure.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

John_SD
Whiz

@KeeliCummings wrote:

The problems: When I take a photo, it takes it, but holds the shutter sound, and when it finally takes the photo, it's really blurry. This is on almost every setting on the camera. 

I also have a T6 and have not experienced your issues. When you say the problems are happening "on almost every setting," 

I assume you mean all of the "dial" settings. Are you in MF or AF? Are you inside or outside? What are your lighting conditions?  I would not be surprised if you are in MF and not focusing properly? 

In any event you are not providing enough information to help us resolve your problems, and it is requiring too much guess work on our part. If it's happening "on almost every setting on the camera," I would first take Ernie's suggestion and do a reset. Then go outside and shoot in Auto mode. What are the results? 

John_SD
Whiz
The OP seems too have lost interest.

@John_SD wrote:
The OP seems too have lost interest.

I assumed that we're now trying to help Saundra, who took over from the OP a couple of days ago.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements