cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon r5c Firmware 1.0.3.1 Upgrade & 1.0.4.1 release date?

DG_canon
Apprentice

So I recently updated my r5c to 1.0.3.1 (actually mid job, figured no better testing than under the gun) I haven't had the chance to review the footage. From what I have read elsewhere there is a little more detail to dig out of the shadows, I can neither confirm nor deny this. 

However, the next day after upgrading I get a notification via email from canon that 1.0.4.1 is coming/already out for the r5c, "New Firmware Available for Cinema EOS Cameras," sent April 4th. 

Even the product page for the r5c on the website is displaying the 1.0.4.1 upgrades; however, there is no way to download it! When is this releasing?

The battery life adjustment is what I am looking forward to most. When I'm on a paid gig, I'm rigged out with additional heavy duty power; however if I just want to shoot something quickly or for fun I don't want to take a full rig and often just opt for my B cam the R6.

Anyways, that's my rant. 

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@DG_canon wrote:

However, the next day after upgrading I get a notification via email from canon that 1.0.4.1 is coming/already out for the r5c, "New Firmware Available for Cinema EOS Cameras," sent April 4th. 

Even the product page for the r5c on the website is displaying the 1.0.4.1 upgrades; however, there is no way to download it! When is this releasing?

Greetings,

There is no FW available for the R5 C past 1.0.3.1 currently.

This FW included the DR bump that resulted in Netflix certification.  

Canon did make a recent announcement.  See the link below.    

Customer Feedback Drives New Firmware Updates for Canon Cinema EOS Camera Lineup | Canon U.S.A., Inc...

If this is what you are referring to, it has not been released yet.  Nor has a FW version # been assigned.  It is however, very exciting news.

I have not seen anything definitive.  It could come as early as NAB. (about 2 weeks from now).  I saw another post that said June.  There is no scheduled release date at the moment, only that Canon intends to add these features at some point.  

Its a good long list.  Be patient, good things are coming.  👍

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements