cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon T6i to Samsung Smartphone via Hotspot

Ohiobudd
Apprentice
Can I connect my T6i to my Samsung smartphone via the phone's Hot Spot, not the Wi-Fi? Again this is Camera via my Hot Spot, not Wi-Fi.

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

Tim
Authority

Hello Ohiobudd, 

The camera is not able to connect to a phone or other mobile device through a hot spot or mobile cellular data.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Ohiobudd
Apprentice
Thank you, Tim. So if I'm in an area that doesn't have Wi-Fi I just need to wait until I get to one and transfer photos then, correct?

Is it possible to transfer from camera to phone using the HDMI jack that's on the camera?

Thanks again.
Bud

I believe the HDMI jack on your phone is an output only, so no you cannot do that

Ohiobudd, 

With the camera's WiFi enabled, you can establish a connection to the phone.  It does not require externally available WiFi.

There are no provisions to utilize a data transfer to the mobile in this manner with an HDMI cable.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Ohiobudd
Apprentice
I'm not having much luck getting that transfer. I've went by the camera's prompts as well as the phone's. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Go into the WiFi settings on both the camera and phone and make sure they are both on the same network. I ran into this problem when my phone was on a 5ghz WiFi network at home and my camera was only capable of being on my 2.4ghz WiFi network. Once I switched my phone over to the same 2.4ghz network they connected.

Announcements