cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon T5 Battery Door

filfoto
Apprentice

Does anyone know how to put the battery door back on a Canon T5?  One of my photography students gave it to me with the door removed, so I have no idea how it came off in the first place.  I compared it to another one, and nothing appears to be broken.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray-uk
Whiz

It just clips on and off. Search on youtube for "canon t5 battery grip review" where you can see it being removed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"...nothing appears to be broken."

It didn't just fall off.  I think a trip to a Canon service center is in order. They will make sure nothing is broken.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

The T5 battery door is not designed to be easily removed like other cameras because Canon did not design a battery grip for it. 

There are some 3rd party battery grips available for it though, and the 3rd party instructions say to pull on the door at a 35 degree angle to remove it. 

To re-install the door I would just reverse the process and gently push on it at a 35 degree angle.

2F42AF3B-E0F1-48EF-9089-F3BDDFBA5E1F.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

Ray-uk
Whiz

It just clips on and off. Search on youtube for "canon t5 battery grip review" where you can see it being removed.

filfoto
Apprentice

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.  Ultimately I followed Ray-uk's idea of searching YouTube, and sure enough I found plenty of videos demonstrating how to remove the door.  None actually showed how to put it back on, but after seeing how easily it came off, I had the confidence to apply a little pressure and it popped back on easily.  There are actually two spring loaded clips that you can press down with the door hinge, leaving more space for the hinge to slide in.

Announcements