cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Rebel XTi will not turn on with new battery or old

MollyBH
Apprentice

A few months ago I charged my camera battery and it would not turn on.  Frustrated I searched a local (an hour away) camera store and they list a minimum repair charge that is more than a refurbished camera online.  I began looking for new cameras.

On Amazon I noticed an inexpensive battery (as opposed to the $50 Canon) and ordered it... figured a new battery that only lasts for 20 shots is worth it if it tells me that a battery is all I need.  No good. Not a flicker.

This camera has been used extensively.  Babied, loved and cherished.   It has not gotten wet or been knocked about.... but it is an xti and not new.  Any ideas out there?  I miss my camera terribly.

2 REPLIES 2

@MollyBH wrote:

A few months ago I charged my camera battery and it would not turn on.  Frustrated I searched a local (an hour away) camera store and they list a minimum repair charge that is more than a refurbished camera online.  I began looking for new cameras.

On Amazon I noticed an inexpensive battery (as opposed to the $50 Canon) and ordered it... figured a new battery that only lasts for 20 shots is worth it if it tells me that a battery is all I need.  No good. Not a flicker.

This camera has been used extensively.  Babied, loved and cherished.   It has not gotten wet or been knocked about.... but it is an xti and not new.  Any ideas out there?  I miss my camera terribly.

I understand how you feel. My wife and I still have a pair of XTi's kicking around; they were our first DSLRs. We'll probably give them to our grandchildren if they show any interest.

But the world has moved on. If you're looking for permission to buy a new camera, this group will not stand in your way. (Of course, Biggs will try to sell you on a 1DX, but he won't mind if you buy a T3i instead.)  Smiley Happy

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

" (Of course, Biggs will try to sell you on a 1DX, but he won't mind if you buy a T3i instead.)"

Darn it Bob from Boston, I was just about to recommend that.  Smiley Very Happy   But on a more serious note  1.jpeg 

a T3i will play very nicely.  Go fo it. Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements