cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 Mark II Order Cancellation

cassiewillson
Apprentice

Hello I'm new to purchasing my own gear! I preordered my Canon R6 Mark ii. It was processed. I received an email that it was shipped. Then my order was cancelled 6 hours later. Has anyone else had this experience? The charge is still holding on my bank account.

8 REPLIES 8

Stephen

Hi. We recommend reaching out to sales for info related to your order. They're at 800-385-2155.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

From whom did you purchase it? Most of the big NYC retail stores will not charge your CC until shipment has been confirmed. Personally I would not use Amazon or ebay, if you did I would put an official cancelation on the order.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I preordered through Canon. I’m at work right at the moment but I wondered if this was a common issue with new releases.

I did not request the cancellation. I received an email that it was cancelled. I would still like the camera but I do understand it’s on back order now. I dont want to order third party to avoid the issues I’m having now.

kzylan
Apprentice

I had the exact same thing happen to me!  I ordered the same camera online and it was cancelled. I called customer service and they didn't know why so they took my information and ordered it manually through their system and it was cancelled AGAIN!  Not sure what is going on... Ugh... 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

When you called you used this number 1 (800) 652-2666 ?

EB

No -- I called the only customer service number I found on the canon site. 800-385-2155  In any event, the rep said that he didn't understand why the first order was cancelled and that since he was taking the second order there should be no issue.  I have two pending charges on my credit card for the two cancelled orders.  Frustrating.... I gave up and ordered from a retailer.  

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I just wanted to make sure you were talking to Canon. I see you were. What a screw up who knows what happened?

Although I have bought some gear from the Canon store. I generally use B&H and Adorama. Both are top notch. I also like my local camera store. I became well acquainted with Henry at B&H and Helen at Adorama. Both may be retired by now, however.

EB
Announcements