cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Macro EF-S 60mm 1:2.8 lens

yidianm
Contributor

I bought a Canon Macro EF-S 60mm 1:2.8 lens for my T5i camera,

when I focus a object, no matter in MF or AF, it is clear in the window, when I take it, the picture is blur,

I took too many times and make sure my hands are stable, but still doesn't work, how can I do it?

thanks,

Mark

8 REPLIES 8

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Can you post an example?

Does the focus confirmation light come on and beep?

What other lenses do you have and do they work?

Mine has worked fine on 3 or 4 bodies by now.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Can you post an example?"

Please!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

There is sound from lens druing focusing and the smal window changed to green and a beep from the camera when it is focusing. When I press button to take picture, the picture is not as clear as it shows in the camera window. But occasionally, I get a clear picture, maybe 10% chance.blue imagesIMG_3503.JPG

Please see images.

You need to use a tripod for macro photography.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I don't know if you need a tripod but he is correct in assuming you need to hold the camera still.  Your examples show camera motion.  In short you were not steady when you pressed the shutter button.

EB

You need a tripod, and you need to use Av mode.  A remote shutter control, or the shutter delay timer, would help, too.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

This condition is from not enough light resulting in a slow SS.  You need to fix the light problem so you can boost the SS.  Try a higher ISO, see if that helps.  If not additional artificial light will need to be supplied by you.

EB

Yeah - that's motion-blur.  When hand-holding that particular lens, you probably want a minimum shutter speed of 1/100th sec. Or just use a tripod (or rest the camera on something so it doesn't move.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements