cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Rebel T3. Need editing program that came with this camera.

Pommom
Apprentice

I have Canon Rebel T3. Recently I had computer problems and my programs were wiped out.

It is not the driver for the camera, but the editing program that came with the camera, where files were placed, cropped, sorted, etc.

I have searched everywhere for this and cannot find it.

Help

20 REPLIES 20

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Here:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_rebel_t3_18_55mm_is_ii_lens_...
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

It worked...Thanks so much.

I also need the editting program that came with this camera, but when I click on the link it takes me to a website where I can buy the camera that is out of stock.  I bought the camera about 3 years ago or so, and don't know what I did with the disk.  I have a macbook pro and have been using iPhoto.  But now I am getting much more comfortable with the camera and want to start using a more advanced editting program b/c I've started shooting in RAW.  Any suggestions about how to get the software that goes with the camera?  Thanks a bunch!

"... suggestions about how to get the software that goes with the camera?"

Check out Photoshop Elements.  It isn't free but it is not expensive for what you get.  It is far better than the free software that came with you camera.

"I've started shooting in RAW."

This indicates you might be more advanced, or want to be, than the free software that comes with a T3.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Like everything in life, different folks have different opinions and likes. Thats why there are Fords and Chevys.

Photoshop Elements is a good product.

In my opinion it is "not far better" than Canon DPP 4 which you can download for free.

The UI isn't the best, and it can be slow for some operations, but it does a very good job of RAW conversion.

Before you go and spend money I would suggest you try DPP 4 and decide if its deficienies (which every product has) are worth spending money to overcome.

http://www.learn.usa.canon.com/galleries/galleries/tutorials/dpp4_tutorials.shtml

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

John you are correct here, "In my opinion it is "not far better" than Canon DPP 4 ..."

I should have said it is light years better.  IMHO, of course as always.

EB

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Like everything in life, different folks have different opinions and likes. Thats why there are Fords and Chevys.

Photoshop Elements is a good product.

In my opinion it is "not far better" than Canon DPP 4 which you can download for free.

The UI isn't the best, and it can be slow for some operations, but it does a very good job of RAW conversion.

Before you go and spend money I would suggest you try DPP 4 and decide if its deficienies (which every product has) are worth spending money to overcome.

I agree completely. I haven't used Photoshop Elements, but I've used DPP 4 (and DPP 3) extensively. It's a bit quirky and slow, but it does a very good job in almost all respects. To me the only sensible reason for buying any form of Photoshop without first trying DPP is to prove that one is above such plebeian considerations as how much the product costs.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

"I agree completely. I haven't used Photoshop Elements, but I've used DPP 4 (and DPP 3) extensively. It's a bit quirky and slow, but it does a very good job in almost all respects. To me the only sensible reason for buying any form of Photoshop without first trying DPP is to prove that one is above such plebeian considerations as how much the product costs." 

Photoshop is not a substitute for Canon's Digital Photo Professional.  In fact, DPP is more similar to Lightroom than PS.  BTW, I think you would do cartwheels over the noise reduction results in Lightroom.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"In fact, DPP is more similar to Lightroom than PS."

I can see that as long as you say "more similar" but, yes, a good analogy.

EB
Announcements