cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 750D, please change your battery

Max_Schneider12
Apprentice

Hello everyone,
I want to stream with my Canon EOS 750d but after 2-15 Minutes the Camera shuts down with the message "Please change your battery" i looked for a fix but didnt saw it. Maybe U guys can help me 🙂
Im using a Battery Dummy and connected the Camera with a USB Cable into my PC.
Im using EOS Webcam Utility.

14 REPLIES 14

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

It sounds like you might be having a grounding issue.  Do you experience this issue with an actual battery?

What brand of PC, and it's it using an Intel chipset?  What brand is you your "dummy battery"?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Never had this issue with an actual battery...
I have a Corsair PC but no Intel chipset
My dummy battery is pretty cheap one from china (There is no name on it).

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

@Max_Schneider12 wrote:

Im using a Battery Dummy and connected the Camera with a USB Cable into my PC.

Canon does not sell equipment that would allow you to power your EOS T6i or 750D with a USB cable. 

Your PC USB only puts out about 5 volts while your camera needs about 7 volts. How does the equipment you are using deal with this?  It must use a step-up transformer. Make sure it is putting out the correct voltage. 

If the output voltage is correct, you should contact the manufacturer for more help. 

EDIT: It appears it is impossible to power any camera with a PC USB. I just found this information regarding a similar product on Amazon. 

Note:
1.In order to make your camera work better,Please use a high-quality mobile power, power bank is output guarantee of at least 2A current.
2. Do not use the computer USB supply for the camera,because most computer USB 2.0 output voltage is 5V,But the current is less than 500mA

Mike Sowsun

Im not charging the Camera with my USB cable.
I have a dummy which is connected to my power outlet.

Well if you never have or had this problem using a battery then it is most likely that AC power adapter is failing for some reason.

@John_ wrote:

Well if you never have or had this problem using a battery then it is most likely that AC power adapter is failing for some reason.

He is not using an AC power adapter. He is using the 5v USB port on his personal computer to power a dummy battery placed in his camera. 

Mike Sowsun

I think he said his dunny battery is connected to AC power and the camera is connected via USB to his PC for streaming not power?

He said:   " I'm using a Battery Dummy and connected the Camera with a USB Cable into my PC"

I  guess that can mean multiple things.

Since he is having power problems, I assumed he is trying to run the USB power from the computer.

Max, can you please confirm that you have the dummy battery connected to a AC to DC power converter? 

Mike Sowsun

Then he said:

"I have a dummy which is connected to my power outlet."

Which is the obvious suspect since he bought a cheap one. I hope he did not damage his camera.

Announcements