cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 30D RAW files only in AV or manual modes

trossit
Enthusiast

Hello Canon users.  I recently purchased a Canon 30D but I noticed when I am in the AUTO mode the camera produces JPG files but when I switch to one of the other modes such as AV, Tv, or MAN it produces CR2 RAW files.  How can I make this camera only produce JPG files in ALL modes?  Thanls.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try setting the quality in P mode. The menu settings are mode sensitive.

Digital Photo Professional shold be able to read your raw files.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Peter
Authority
Authority

Screenshot_20210626-095154.jpg

Peter thank you...but my 30D seems different.  In the "Quality" screen the RAW settings are not even shown to be available settings, just jpg settings are displayed.  Also, I am unable to find "Clear Settings" in the menu to attempt to switch the camera back to DEFAULT settings.  I have the camera selected to Fine JPG but afer taking a picture when I view the image in the INFO screen you can see the "RAW" indicator displayed.  

Sine I am unable to get the Utilily SW for this camera from Canon to work with Win10 is there another software you would recommend for converting CT2 files to JPG?

Thanks,

TR

Try setting the quality in P mode. The menu settings are mode sensitive.

Digital Photo Professional shold be able to read your raw files.

kvbarkely, thank you that fixed it!!

Much appreciated! Smiley Happy

TR

The full auto mode is the point and shoot mode so it is assumed the user doesn't want to take the necessary editing procedure so Raw is not a option. IMHO, that mode should be eliminated on a DSLR and left to the smartphone crowd. The whole concept and purpose of a DSLR is for better pictures. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Ebiggs, I am in full agreement, the auto mode is extrmemly annoying in semi low light conditions outdoors when you go to press the shutter > BANG the flash pops up!  

I am new to this forum, it seems very helpful.  I am sure I will have more questions as this 30D is new to me, great camera by the way especially for the price I paid for it on Ebay.  

TR

"I am sure I will have more questions as this 30D is new to me ..."

That is fine, bring'em on!  I never had a 30D but I did have a 20D. The 30D is the successor of the 20D.

It can accept ef or ef-s lenses. It uses an aps-c, or crop, sized sensor at around 8mp.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements