cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 1200D Autofocus mechanism not working, lens attached but camera says no lens attached

sandeep0076
Apprentice

IMG_20161220_100624_HDR.jpgIMG_20161220_100648_HDR.jpgIMG_20161220_100714_HDR.jpgIMG_20161220_100722_HDR.jpgIMG_20161220_100739_HDR.jpgI have a Canon EOS 1200D which recently got splashes of water while i was rafting though it was not submerged into the water but still it stopped working so i took out the battery and after two days i tried to run it again then it worked the computer and the sensor everything in the camera is working except there is an error when i click for picture in any mode it says "communications between the camera and the lens are faulty please clean the lens" and also i found out that in the aperture option there is a message which says "cannot adjust aperture no lens attached" also i would like to tell you that the autofocus mechanism is also not working the lens does not adjusts focus automatically as it used to do before, i cleaned the lenses all of them from the inside and outside but still no change, please guide me what should i do and how much money do you think it would take if the lens circuit chip or the flex cable needs to be changed, please respond soon.

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Not good.  Digital cameras and water are not good for each other.

There could any number of a host of things wrong.  I suggest that you contact Canon Support. If it is still under warranty, make no mention of the water.

It is probably a little late for this advice, but Canon makes an inexpensive waterproof camera, the Powershot D30.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

" If it is still under warranty, make no mention of the water."

Right!  Smiley Sad Smiley Indifferent Smiley Sad

They will know when they attempt to repair it.  More than likely it is toast.  You can try the warm heating pad trick.  Sit the Rebel on it for days, perhaps a week or so.  Do not try to turn it on.  If it hasn't been finished by already trying it. After a long time on the heating pad then try it.  Remember warm does not mean hot.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements