cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon D1100 won’t turn on- short circuit?

kitmillion
Apprentice
So I was using my Canon 1100D with a group of children today for filming when suddenly a load of purple lines appeared on the screen- when I went to turn the camera off the screen stayed on. I took the battery out and when I put it back in, the camera wouldn’t turn back on- no lights, no response at all.
Any ideas as to what’s wrong/what I could do to fix it?
2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It is done. Smiley Sad  You can try all the easy stuff like a new battery, a new SD card a different lens and such but it is probably done. It isn't a good candidate for repair, IMHO.

BTW, did you get it wet?  Even just a little?  Wet and cameras don't fair well together.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

AndyMilnePhotog
Enthusiast

@kitmillion wrote:
So I was using my Canon 1100D with a group of children today for filming when suddenly a load of purple lines appeared on the screen- when I went to turn the camera off the screen stayed on. I took the battery out and when I put it back in, the camera wouldn’t turn back on- no lights, no response at all.

I'm sorry to hear that. Smiley Sad

How long have you owned the camera for? 

Since ebiggs said it might be beyond repair, I would try looking at a refurbished body or find a used one in great condition.

Canon USA has a great selection of refurbished cameras to choose from and they include a 1 year warranty from Canon too.

Link:

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/cameras/refurbished-eos-digital-slr-camera

Andrew
Nature Photography Hobbyist / Enthusiast
Canon EOS Rebel T6i
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements