cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 7D flash..My pop up flash "pops up" but does not fire. Please help!

mseifnia
Apprentice

Canon 7D pop up flash… My pop up flash  "Pops Up" but does not fire.  Please help!

I am aware of them micro hot sure button sometimes stuck thingking something is attached and will disable the pop up flash form opening.  This is not the case no. I pops up when asked but does not fire.  Is there a contact that i need to check... Im stuck ..

thank you! M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'm grasping at straws but check the user manual, there is an option to turn the pop up flash off...try page 115 - check that and see if somehow yours is set to off by accident.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

diverhank
Authority

Try it in Av, Tv or Manual mode and not full auto mode and see if it would work.  If it does then this is normal.  In full auto, the camera decides whether flash is needed, not you or me.    If the popup flash still doesn't work, then I think there's a problem.

Hello divertank, thank you for the response.
I have tried it in other modes at no success.
I have. I usually never shoot in auto modes.. Any ideas where the malfunction is ?

I'm grasping at straws but check the user manual, there is an option to turn the pop up flash off...try page 115 - check that and see if somehow yours is set to off by accident.

So it didnt even occur to me that this might happen… I went to the menu function for flash control. "enable" was highlighted. So i disabled it and then re-enabled it… Now the flash is firing….. We are working for now. Thank you.
Announcements