So i'm having an issue right now where my 70D is suddenly not being recognized by my macbook. Previously i've been able to use the USB connection multiple times, but out of the blue one day it stopped showing up. It's not showing up on Image Capture, EOS Utility, Lightroom or iPhoto.
I've diabled wifi multiple times, and i've disabled Auto Power-Off. I've switched out multiple USB chords and i've plugged it into multiple macbooks. All my software is up to date.
When I plug the actual chord into the camera, I see that the wifi menu option is greyed out, so I feel like that means the camera is recognizing the chord, so maybe it's my computer?
My computer specs are 2015 Macbook Air 11", OS Sierra version 10.12.4
It's driving me crazy because I am currently on a trip nd only brought a USB chord with me, as my card reader recently broke. Crossing my fingers that it's not an issue with my camera.
- Please install EOS Utility Ver. 3.2 from the CD included with your camera, or download it from the Canon homepage.
- When using computers installed with Windows operating systems, please log on to the computer as an administrator.
- EOS Utility 3.2 is exclusively for Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Mac OS X 10.9, and 10.8.
Downloading all images that have not been transferred to the computer
- Windows 8: Right-click on the [Start] screen, and then click [All Programs] displayed on the lower right of the screen. [EOS Utility] will be displayed on the [Apps] screen.
- Windows 8.1: Click on the bottom left of the [Start] screen to display the [Apps] screen, and then click [EOS Utility].
- Mac OS X: Click the [EOS Utility] icon on the Dock.
IMPORTANTIf you start EOS Utility Ver. 3.2 before connecting the camera to the computer, the [EOS Utility Launcher] screen (shown in the example image below) will be displayed. In this case, please click [Close], and connect the camera to the computer after the window has closed.
NOTEBy default, the downloaded images are sorted into folders by their shooting date, and are saved in the [Pictures] folder on the computer. If you wish to change the destination for the downloaded images, click [Preferences] and specify the settings in the dialog box.
If you click [Select and download], you can select the images you want and download them to your computer from the cameras memory card. For the details, please see the "Downloading selected images" section below.
NOTEIf you wish to edit images using Digital Photo Professional or ImageBrowser EX, refer to the individual software instruction manuals.
09/26/2023: New firmware updates are available.
08/18/2023: Canon EOS R5 C training series is released.
07/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/18/2023: New firmware updates are available.
03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.