cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5d mark iv saving images to card and computer

PetterJhon
Apprentice

Hello everyone,,,

I just started using a 5D mark iv with Digital Photo Pro and Eos Utility.  I was dismayed to see that when I was using Digital Photo Pro and EOS Utility to save images to computer using camera's wifi capability, camera was not saving images to SD/CF cards in camera as well.  Not to mention, images were not displayed in camera after shot. I'm very familiar with Canon equipment, owning 2 7Ds, and a 5D mark iii in addition to this new mark iv.  I have also used WFTs extensively with 7D and 5D mark iii.   I'm sure there's an easy fix for this.  Help please.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

EOSU does not save to the camera by design.

Annotation 2019-07-06 105914.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" I'm very familiar with Canon equipment, owning 2 7Ds, and a 5D mark iii ..."

Even though you might be "very familiar with Canon equipment.", it is always a good idea to get up close and personal with the user manual when you get any new model camera.  

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@PetterJhon wrote:

Hello everyone,,,

I just started using a 5D mark iv with Digital Photo Pro and Eos Utility.  I was dismayed to see that when I was using Digital Photo Pro and EOS Utility to save images to computer using camera's wifi capability, camera was not saving images to SD/CF cards in camera as well.  Not to mention, images were not displayed in camera after shot. I'm very familiar with Canon equipment, owning 2 7Ds, and a 5D mark iii in addition to this new mark iv.  I have also used WFTs extensively with 7D and 5D mark iii.   I'm sure there's an easy fix for this.  Help please.

Thanks

I'd regard automatic saving of an edited file back to the card as a serious misfeature. Once a file has been recorded on a card, it shouldn't be changed for any reason until it has been copied to at least one disk drive. There's too much risk of losing or garbling a really important image.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
OP said he used 7D and 5D III with WFTs, which are WiFiTransmitters.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

unless one adds the WFT transmitters, which the OP said he uses.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements