cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel XS saying busy and won't take pictures

mliz2486
Contributor

My camera worked fine the other day.  Now, it won't take pictures at all.  When I go to take a picture, it will act like it is focusing by flashing and such but it will never go through.  It always says busy.  I have tried all modes, and none will work not even without flash. 

I have also taken the battery out, taken the card out and reformatted it, and cleared all camera settings.  Can anyone help?  I have a newborn that I would really like to be able to capture. 🙂

Thank you ahead of time!

156 REPLIES 156

But should we all be having to replace the main board?  this is my third Canon Eos rebel (one print, two digital) with which I have had the same problem.  Different batteries, different lenses.  I guess fie on me for buying the same camera over and over despite this but I like the way it operates when it's working.  I think maybe I should invest the money elsewhere rather than buying a new main board. 

It would be very messed up if this is what technology leads us to...equipment that won't work and is not under any warranty.

I have not had any cameras fail and need to be repaired in 40+ years as a professional photographer around the world. Now my cars are another story.

Point being it may be the luck of the draw or ????  Your guess is as good as mine on this one.

Good luck.

g_a1985
Apprentice
4549292030044 I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY IXUS 160 PRODUCT CODE: 4549292030044

I'm having the very same issue

benzfamily3
Apprentice

I had the same problem and posed this question earlier this year. I reset my settings back to the orginal factory settings and everything is back to normal now. Download a PDF of your camera's manual and it will show you how to do this.

asimshafiq
Apprentice
Facing same problem

skyana02
Apprentice
I just got a Canon EOS Rebel T5 for Christmas and it was working then suddenly on AF it would show a,"Busy" signal. I went and read so many reviews, what to check for, check the surrounding lighting and it was actually something very simple. Just Keep your finger on the button to take a photo, it will show busy just because it's processing the image your trying to take. Hold it till the "busy signal", goes away and your camera will take the photo. So, press and hold and the busy signal goes away and your camera takes your image. That's it. Unless others have tried that and it failed? But, mine worked. Thank you. And good luck! I hope you figure it out! I enjoy taking photos! And this is my first big camera! Happy New Year!

bobbrohm114
Contributor

All those recent suggestiions may work, but, I had the problem with a T-2 that was about 3 years old, and the repair was a new main board for about $300.  The camera came back working fine and about 5 months later the same problem and same repair.  Canon has a problem here.

bobbrohm114
Contributor
See my recent post.

bobbrohm114
Contributor

I just posted about having my T2 repaired.  I used, and was happy with the service the

Royal Camera 1134 E Lake Street, Hanover Park Illinois 60133 630-372 6150

There turnaround time was pretty good and you can actually talk to a live person. 

Announcements