cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel XS saying busy and won't take pictures

mliz2486
Contributor

My camera worked fine the other day.  Now, it won't take pictures at all.  When I go to take a picture, it will act like it is focusing by flashing and such but it will never go through.  It always says busy.  I have tried all modes, and none will work not even without flash. 

I have also taken the battery out, taken the card out and reformatted it, and cleared all camera settings.  Can anyone help?  I have a newborn that I would really like to be able to capture. 🙂

Thank you ahead of time!

156 REPLIES 156

bobbrohm114
Contributor
I had same problem, I tried everything, including new memory card, new battery, format old memory card that had always worked before, no help. Finally i sent it off for repair, cost $270, problem was diagnosed as bad main board.

You certainly did try all the cheap and easy fixes first.

Ouch. So sorry $$$$. It would seem that you now have a brand new camera that will serve you well for many years.

ChrisMcArdle
Apprentice

I had this same problem with my old film EOS Rebel camera and now am having it with the digital EOS Rebel SL1.  I despair.  I love this camera but after two years I get a busy signal and then slowly it stops working altogether.  Please elp.

Have you tried the solution that worked for some on this forum?

Class 10 quality card formatted IN the camera?

Fresh batteries that not only hold a charge but also charge up to capacity?

Do you get the same problem using different lenses?

I tried memory cars, battery, change lenses, no help.  The camera was finally fixed with a new main board.

Thanks for the update. Glad you tried the alternatives first.

So sorry about the $$$ for the main board replacement.

That seems to be a consistent challenge with this camera according to some other posts.

bobbrohm114
Contributor

My problem was fixed with a new main board for $280

bobbrohm114
Contributor

My problem like this was fixed with a new main board for about $280 by Royal Camera Service.  [link removed per forum guidelines] I was very satisfied with their service and shipping and handling. Quick turn around also.

And I should add that the camera is still working fine 3 months later.

Glad you are back in the confidence that your camera is working and will continue to work as it should.

Happy Shooting! Thanks for the update.

Announcements