cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera & Lens for Close-up Macro Flower Photography

torangers
Apprentice

Hi. I would love to get your suggestions. I am looking for a camera and lens exclusively for close-up macro flower photography, generally without the use of a tripod. I would like something easy to use, on the cheaper end of the spectrum, that looks great when printed. It doesn't matter if it's bulky, or not versatile, etc... as long as it works best for the intended purpose. Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"For example, a 24MP camera can easily make a high quality 13x19" print (assuming little to no cropping of the image). A 24MP sensor makes a 4000 x 6000 pixel image. There are a number of very affordable Canon cameras capable of that.

Or a 32.5MP sensor can pretty easily make 16x24" prints. That sensor makes approx. 4650 x 6975 images and there are a couple fairly affordable Canon cameras capable of this. 

There are even higher resolution cameras, new and old, that would be quite capable of making 20x30" prints from 45 or 50MP images. In these cases the cost of camera and lens will tend to be higher."

Well and good info but it is pretty useless until or unless viewing distance is known.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements