cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Strap suggestions

Canonbassist909
Enthusiast

hey everyone what's up ? 

hope you are doing well.. I wanted to pick your brains to see what you suggest for a shoulder strap , platform is rebel t7 with a sigma 150-600 lens.. 

im wanting to get a strap for weight support.. hopefully something padded

cheers ! 

Alexander, aka, reaper photo 

4 REPLIES 4

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Hi Alexander and welcome:

I have a lot of long, heavy tele zoom lenses and I don't use a strap attached to the camera - this includes FF bodies with the Sigma 150-600c and the heavier 60-600s.   I use a holster that will store the body and lens, and it can be either used with a cross-body strap (not hung around the neck which is painful).   For that I had two solutions:

1. A Lowe-Pro ProTactic TLZ 75 AW II - good for a body and 150-600c without a battery grip. 
ProTactic TLZ 75 AW II - LP37279-PWW | Lowepro Global
2. A Think Tank Digital Holster 5D - this will also work with a battery grip and can be attached to a thick supporting waist strap to take the weight onto the pelvis rather than shoulders.
Digital Holster 50 fits gripped DSLR, 70-200mm with lens hood extended – Think Tank Photo these are currently on sale.  It also takes the Sigma 150-600 with the lens hood reversed.
The benefit of a holster is that one can get the camera and lens out, but not have to deal with a dangling shoulder strap that can get in the way.  Furthermore, the holster provides padded protection (for both user and camera) and weather protection - the holsters come with rain covers.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

those are some good choices ! ill take a look at them a bit deeper , I do like this options quite a bit 

Trevor, how do you carry the 200-800?  I have one ordered and probably have a few months left before receiving it and that is on my mind.  Thank you

TomRamsey
Enthusiast

Depending on the outing I use a couple of different methods, sometimes combining them both.  I have a couple of Black Rapid sling straps that I attach to the tripod foot.  This works well if you are just walking and not climbing since it could swing with body movement.  Trevor mentioned the Thinktank Digital Holsters, that is the other method that I use, I also have a harness for it that goes over both shoulders and around the waist.  That keeps it against you chest so you can ride a bike with it.  

Announcements