cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera-Settings of Trump Assassination Photo in NY Times

Munari
Contributor

Does anyone know what camera and what settings NY Times photographer Doug Mills used to capture the bullet going by Donald Trump?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

It was a Sony Baloney and Gag-Master.  I don't know about the settings. 😑

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

zakslm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Reports are that it was taken with a Sony camera at 1/8000th of a second.   Below is a link to Jared Polin’s breakdown of the historic photos taken of the assassination attempt.  I found it thoughtful and his analysis and comments fascinating. 

https://youtu.be/JruJfYBNDpg?feature=shared

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

It seems odd that a camera was even able to capture a shot of the bullet.  If, as is indicated, a shutter speed of 1/8000 was used, I wonder why?   I would expect a much more modest shutter speed for normal photography, even on a bright day.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
click here to view the gallery
Announcements