cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C-log 3 corrupts my video file on R6 mark ii

marcopcw3305
Apprentice

This is a problem I've been having for the last 6 months since I first got my R6 mark ii. I don't know what's the problem but somehow I can see what I recorded on my camera with C-log 3 but not on my computer. I've tried different methods to sort out the problem, recording with other SD cards, and decoding the video with the VLC media player. Sometimes out of miracle, it shows the video, but the problem still happens continuously and I've been frustrated. So I'm here to seek help from professionals, BTW I have updated to the latest firmware and this issue is still happening. Should I send it back to the factory for inspection or is there anyway to solve this.

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

What specific codec are you using on the R6 Mark II to capture footage?

Also, what specific computer, operating system and software are you using to work with the video? Have you installed any required plugins to work with the footage?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I'm shooting internal 4k IPB with the canon r6 Mark ii. And I don't have any plugins, I use my Acer Nitro 5 operating in Windows 11 64bits. I use Davinci Resolve 18 to edit my videos.

Bluebuilder
Apprentice

Your files are not corrupted.

On Windows, you need the Studio edition of Resolve ($300) to handle 10-bit video, and you will need the HEVC codec from the MS Store.  

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements