cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 Zooms In and Out When I Press Shutter Button

Perryfogel
Apprentice

Hi!

I just received my camera and am super excited to okay with it.

For the first couple of photos it was working fine and after that the shutter started to zoom in and out when I hold it instead of capturing photos.

im curious if this is a setting problem?

it’s literally brand new within the first 10 minutes of using it.

thank you for your help!

I appreceate you!

perry

7 REPLIES 7

AtticusLake
Mentor
Mentor

Sorry you're having problems, but you can make it a lot easier for people to help you by providing more information.

For example, you could mention what camera you're using.

For future reference, a descriptive thread title would be a big help.  "Busy" isn't much to go on.  Something like "Canon F-1: Shutter button triggers zoom" would be a lot more helpful.

Cheers.

Perryfogel
Apprentice

Hi! Thank you for replying since I am new to this I don’t know the very sophisticated camera lingo yet. The camera model is rebel eos t7. 

Basically the shutter is zooming in and out and adjusting before taking a photo instead of directly hitting it.

also there is a red light at the right bottom side. A short line. 
if you’re able to help with any of these things please let me know I would really appreciate it. 

I hope you have a marvelous day!

perry

What is the setting of the Shooting Mode dial on the top of the camera body?  For a absolute beginners, I recommend that Green [A] setting, and later on the P setting.

It sounds like the camera is struggling to focus in low light, to me.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Perry,

You wrote, "also there is a red light at the right bottom side. A short line.'

That sounds about the the right location for a warning that the camera cannot achieve focus.

I think it goes along with your description that the autofocus is zooming in and out hunting focus.

Like the others have said, it's probably either too dark or you're too close to your subject.

Steve Thomas

The short vertical red alert light at the bottom right rear of the camera is the access light that relates to the SD card. I’m not sure it has anything to do with focus. 
289808E7-9118-4F1C-8F03-3EF4B5FE567B.jpeg

See page 38 of the manual. 
If it is too dark for focus the flash pops up to assist focus. 
Does camera work OK outside in daylight. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Some lenses will extend while focusing, so that is what it sounds like is happening.  Agree with Waddizzle that the camera is having trouble locking focus on something.  Could be too dark, or, could be you may be too close to the subject (lenses have their own minimum distance they can work at).

Thus, the shutter wouldn't be changing the zoom of the lens.   e.g. if you have an EF-S 18-55mm lens and you have it at the 18mm setting (or any value in its range), it will stay there until you manually change it.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
Announcements