cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Busy ... please wait ( 700D )

Raindes
Apprentice

Hi all

This morning my 700D seems to have bricked itself. A few seconds into recording a video clip I got these awful coloured artifacts which covered the screen, they stayed even when the switch was off and I had to take the battery out for it to turn off.

In addition Live View goes black and the mirror flips back down after a few seconds with the camera inoperable and "busy" flashing in the viewfinder. After I take a photo with the card it is perpetually in "busy". I honestly don't have a clue what has gone wrong.

If I do take a photo with the card in sometimes it wont even give me the "busy" notification and just make the camera inoperable, if I turn it off the red writing LED stays on and it beeps at me if I open the card slot.

I've tried 3 batteries, all the SD cards I own which is about 7 or 8 with every combination possible with the exact same results.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

What specific cards are you using? If they are too slow, that would cause issues with video recording.

Were the cards initialized prior to usage?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I changed the card but the same problem remains

@Raindes wrote:

I changed the card but the same problem remains

What brand and type of memory card are you using?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"This morning my 700D seems to have bricked itself."

This seems to imply that the camera was working properly.

"I've tried 3 batteries, all the SD cards I own which is about 7 or 8 with every combination possible with the exact same results."

I think it is time to call Canon. 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements