cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new 2000D not saving pics or correct size of memory

Wobzomby
Apprentice

So I bought my partner a brand new eos 2000d came with a 16gb card ,we took a few pics and all is well.

How ever the minute you turn of the camera the images are gone, no where to be found .

I decided to go thru the settings and notice the memory card is only showing 1.89gb and not the whole 16gb 

I am on my way to pic up another memory card and a card reader later tonight.

The last thing I notice there is no reset or factory reset function on the camera in the menus

any ideas to any off theses issues ? The camera bundle was bought from a genuine retailer new 

3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

To reset the T7 go into the Menu>Tool>Clear all settings and Clear all custom settings. Perhaps you might d/l the manual form Canon. Always use the SD card recommended in it. Always buy your SD cards from a known good retail store. Amazon is not a good source neither is ebay.

You did format the SD card before use? May not be necessary but a good practice to get into. I would expect the photos are still on the SD card

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Wobzomby wrote:

So I bought my partner a brand new eos 2000d came with a 16gb card ,we took a few pics and all is well.

How ever the minute you turn of the camera the images are gone, no where to be found .

I decided to go thru the settings and notice the memory card is only showing 1.89gb and not the whole 16gb 

I am on my way to pic up another memory card and a card reader later tonight.

The last thing I notice there is no reset or factory reset function on the camera in the menus

any ideas to any off theses issues ? The camera bundle was bought from a genuine retailer new 

1 - How are you making the determination that the “images are gone”?

2 - If the camera is reporting only 1.89 GB of free space, then space is being used by something.

3 - Only buy the full size memory cards, never the micro-SD cards that require a plastic adapter to fit into the camera.  Try to stick to major name brands like Sandisk or Lexar.

4 - Not all menu items are visible in the Automatic Shooting modes.  Use one of the Creative Shooting modes: P, Av, Tv, or M.  In fact, switch to P so that you can learn about the camera.  You will see all of the menu options, but the flash must be manually raised when you feel you need it.

5 - It you are returning to the retailer that sold you the “camera bundle”, then bring the camera and memory card with you.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

1. Do you mean an authorized Canon retailer?

2. Did you download and read the camera user manual?

3. Did you press the blue arrow button to preview the images that should be on the card?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements