cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Streak showing up in photos.

KD0STS
Apprentice

So far found in a T3i and 6D. Anyone else noticed this in their photos?

http://cloudedlens.com/blue-streak-in-photos/

Feedback appreciated. Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Peter
Authority
Authority
No UV-filter?

Yea, actually I do have a UV filter on that lens. I'll do some test shots with and without it to see if it has any effect. Thanks.

The "marks" may be due to a poor quality filter.  The kit lens may be doing all it can. Filter or no.  Also it may have some smudge on the front element or filter.  Try using the supplied hoods with each lens.  No filter.  DSLRs do not require a UV filter at all.  Thye are not film cameras!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

The UV filter is on my 24-70L II simply to protect the front element. I really don't think it has anything to do with the light streak though, given that it's shown up in other photos taken with different lenses without filters, and on different camera bodies.

Please, remove it and try.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

I _really_ have a difficult time seeing it in the first image, but clearly see it in the 2nd image (and in the animation).

I wish you had moved the camera to see if the streak follows the sensor vs. the sky.  I say this because in the 2nd image (the on in which I can see the streak) the axis appears to be aligned to the brightest point of light (the sun behind the clouds) and this implies that it may be lens flare.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements