cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidents happen. That’s why we’ve got you covered!

Sifat
Contributor

Purchase select Canon products by July 30, 2016. Simply register your product and receive 13 months of FREE accidental damage protection from Canon. Learn more at http://canon.us/bDZVJ

1600x900_Twitter_CarePAK-PLUS_comp1.jpg

20 REPLIES 20

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

That is if the site will let you register.  I couldn't register my last purchase.  Web sites don't seem to be Canon's strong suit.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS/I-am-unable-to-register-the-EOS-5DS-online-Is-there-a-trick/m-...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

John I have no doubt it can be registered if persistence and mental fortitude is applied.  But I have neither the time nor the inclination to do so.  One would certainly think a company as technologically advanced as Canon could get web sites to work as they should. Other companies do!

I just spent three days with two different Canon tech people trying to figure out the problem with their XPS print driver. No luck. They gave up.  The chances are in my favor I will never need the CarePak but I do need the printer.

BTW, if in fact Chrome is the problem with the Canon web site, Canon better get on board as I believe Google is here to stay.

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

I just spent three days with two different Canon tech people trying to figure out the problem with their XPS print driver. No luck. They gave up.  The chances are in my favor I will never need the CarePak but I do need the printer.

What is the problem you're having with the printer driver? My understanding is that XPS is a bit off the beaten track and has had some growing pains. It may be more important than usual to ensure that you have the latest driver. I'm partial to any printer vendor's universal drivers; they seem to get the most attention these days and are more likely to be kept up to date.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

B from Bean Town,

"What is the problem you're having with the printer driver?"

The XPS driver will not print anything larger than 8 1/2 x 11.  If you select 11 x 14 or larger it will not do it.  The standard driver works fine. Believe me if there was something that myself or Canon has not tried to correct this, I can't imagine what it could be?

It's not like I am new to these printers because I have had four of them. A 9000, a 9500 and two Pro-100.

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

That is if the site will let you register.  I couldn't register my last purchase.  Web sites don't seem to be Canon's strong suit.

I have had problems with registering warranties.  They updated their site a few months back, and all of my registered gear was cleared out.  Since that time, I cannot register the warranties, nor register for this CarePak fantasy. 

I now have four "L" lenses that I can neither register for warranty, nor for CarePak.  A fifth isn't eligible for CarePak, but the it is part of the registered gear that was cleared out of my account.  Hey Canon, are you guys listening to any of this?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hi guys,

Try using this site: www.registercanon.com 

Once you're there, you're given the opportunity to log in to your Canon Account or skip that step. If you have a Canon Account, go ahead and log in, otherwise, just register your gear. 

To register for CarePak, all one has to do is register their gear with Canon. If you run into issues with registration, get in touch with our US-based team, and they'll gladly help you with registering your gear! Our team is available by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666).

We hope this helps!

Stephen.

"If you run into issues with registration, get in touch with our US-based team, and they'll gladly help you with registering your gear! Our team is available by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666)."

The question asked above, "are you listening" is important.  We don't want to have to jump through hoops to do this type stuff.

When I was working full time, I didn't have time to mess with web sites that don't work correctly.  And absolutely no time nor inclination to mess with phone calls that may or may not work either.  Been three days on this print issue.  Three days!!!!!!!!

I have a new bride anxiously waiting for her photos.

An extra warranty that I may never have need for is not an incentive for me to buy Canon products and certainly no extra time on.

It is only because I am retired now and have extra time to spend here on the forum.

EB

Hi Ernie!

We looked in our system, and we don't see any record of you having called our US-based technical support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) for help with your printer. You might try getting in touch with our expert team for a solution! 

They're in the office today until 10PM Eastern and normal hours are Monday - Friday 10AM to 10PM Eastern Time.

We hope this helps!

Announcements