cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90D won't connect to wifi on my android

Schugeorge67
Apprentice

Hi,

I have the 6D and am able to connect to my phone, but I just purchased the 90D and cannot connect it. I went through the process several times and each time I get this pop-up. 

Tried turning wifi on/off on both. Starting to get frustrated.  😡

Screenshot_20230226-075502_Camera Connect.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Curious, is this a Samsung device by chance?  

If you open Settings > Apps > Canon Connect > Permissions, are any permissions denied under "Not Allowed"?

Now tap the 3 dots in the upper left corner.  It will change to "All Permissions" when tapped.  Now open it and check the list for any exceptions.  

In addition, have you reset the Network settings on the camera and tried to re-pair with the app?  You do not appear to be using a "nickname" and I recommend that you don't .

Additional troubleshooting.  Can you see the camera's wi-fi broadcast (SSID) in the list of available networks?

Thats Settings> Network and Inernet > Wi-Fi   ?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Are you able to establish a Bluetooth connection?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

Are you able to establish a Bluetooth connection?

Unfortunately,  no. I tried several times, yet still get this popup.  I've connected my 6d a hundred times to my phone, yet my brand new 90D I cannot. I realize the 6d doesn't have Bluetooth but the method is basically the same . I even watched few YouTube videos just to make sure I wasn't missing anything.😒

Screenshot_20230226-180537_Camera Connect.jpg

P.S. I deleted the device and tried again twice. Still no luck. I bought the camera from B&H. Wondering if I should reach out to them. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Curious, is this a Samsung device by chance?  

If you open Settings > Apps > Canon Connect > Permissions, are any permissions denied under "Not Allowed"?

Now tap the 3 dots in the upper left corner.  It will change to "All Permissions" when tapped.  Now open it and check the list for any exceptions.  

In addition, have you reset the Network settings on the camera and tried to re-pair with the app?  You do not appear to be using a "nickname" and I recommend that you don't .

Additional troubleshooting.  Can you see the camera's wi-fi broadcast (SSID) in the list of available networks?

Thats Settings> Network and Inernet > Wi-Fi   ?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Schugeorge67
Apprentice

Hi everyone, 

I discovered it was an operator error. I had my camera a nickname, but it wasn't selected.  I've changed it back to the default name, and presto...It's working now. Thank you all for your responses. Happy shootin'

Greetings ,

Thank you very much for the update and feedback.  Glad It's working for you now. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements