cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 D rejected my Canon Batteries and locked my camera

timmyleeturner
Contributor

I use my 90D a lot, and I only have one set of authentic Canon batteries.... today after a fresh charge, I inserted them into the camera and got an error and was asked if they were canon, to which I said yes.  It said they might be counterfeit and they was shutting down my camera for my protection.  This is outrageous!  I've used these batteries several dozen times and I know they are authentic, but they are the only two that the camera will no longer accept.  All my great generic batteries still work fine.  So I guess I'll be tossing these Canon Batteries since they will no longer let me use them.

7 REPLIES 7

Christian554
Apprentice

@timmyleeturner wrote:

I use my 90D a lot, and I only have one set of authentic Canon batteries.... today after a fresh charge, I inserted them into the camera and got an error and was asked if they were canon, to which I said yes.  It said they might be counterfeit and they was shutting down my camera for my protection.  This is outrageous!  I've used these batteries several dozen times and I know they are authentic, but they are the only two that the camera will no longer accept.  All my great generic batteries still work fine.  So I guess I'll be tossing these Canon Batteries since they will no longer let me use them. McKesson Connect

You must see this it's helped you : https://in.canon/en/support/8200430200

Thanks,

TimmyLee
Apprentice

This happened to me again today all the way to bed. He's work except the cannons

If you've verified your batteries are Authentic Canon batteries and not counterfeit, you'll want to reach out to support for troubleshooting. They're at 800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666), Monday through Saturday.

I don't see anyway to edit or delete this post... I typed it in on my phone in the bright sun in anger and  couldn't see very well...  It infuriates me that Canon doesn't like my Canon batteries but the Generics are ok.  I have alot of problems with this... I've had a lot of issues with my 90 D over the years.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Just noticed.  Both profiles have posts for 90D's.  Might be the same person.  

shadowsports_0-1713115276710.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

For sure. I just assumed they forgot their login info. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Timmy,

Maybe this will help.  

Please follow up with support tomorrow as Stephen suggests.  

If you'd like us to try to help, please provide more information about your kit.  

90D - what firmware are you running?

Batteries - You stated were Canon 

Lenses- What lens or lenses are you using?  Does this happen with one lens or any lens?

Memory Card(s) - What brand, model, size and type of cards are you using. Have you tested with more that one card? Only full size memory cards, formatted in the camera should be used.  No micro SD and no adapters.  

Other Accessories - Are you using any? If so, what kind, brand, etc 

Have you reset your camera to default settings, then retested.

To receive support, be prepared to answer these questions and offer this information.  It will be helpful for the support representative.

If you want to start here, you're welcome to do that, otherwise let us know the result of your call with Canon.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements