cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D EOS remote app doesn't work in Jamaica???

maddenmad
Contributor

Hi

I cant access the EOS remote android app in Jamaica. Apparently its been geo locked by Canon. Any idea how I can get around this. Outside of travelling to the US.

I got this message:
Dear David Madden:

We appreciate your continued correspondence regarding the EOS Remote app for Android.

This application is only available in some service areas. It may not be available for download in Jamaica. Unfortunately, I am unable to assist you in circumventing this restriction to download the application. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance with your EOS 6D. Thank you for choosing Canon.

Sincerely,

Dirk
Technical Support Representative

www.davidmaddenphoto.com
7 REPLIES 7

Skirball
Authority

I thought nothing worked in Jamaica

*drum roll*

Sorry, carry on.

hsbn
Whiz
Just curious, you cannot download the app in Jamaican? Or the app doesn't work in Jamaican? If you cannot download it, you can try to use private VPN to bypass the IP geo check.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

I can't see how they could make the app not work in an area.  It works on my Kindle tablet and it doesn't have GPS.

For downloading try just searching "EOS Remote APK", looks like it should be easy to get and just sideload it.

HDCamTeam
Enthusiast

@maddenmad wrote:

Hi

I cant access the EOS remote android app in Jamaica. Apparently its been geo locked by Canon. Any idea how I can get around this. Outside of travelling to the US.

I got this message:
Dear David Madden:

We appreciate your continued correspondence regarding the EOS Remote app for Android.

This application is only available in some service areas. It may not be available for download in Jamaica. Unfortunately, I am unable to assist you in circumventing this restriction to download the application. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance with your EOS 6D. Thank you for choosing Canon.

Sincerely,

Dirk
Technical Support Representative

Please maddenmad could you confirm if you can NOT download the app from Jamaica to fully clarify this topic?

It's unbelievable that Canon has locked the download for only specific regions...

HD Cam Team
Group of photographers and filmmakers using Canon cameras for serious purposes.
www.hdcamteam.com | www.twitter.com/HDCamTeam | www.facebook.com/HDCamTeam

Its region locked. I cannot get the option to install the app in google play

www.davidmaddenphoto.com

The Canon EOS 6D is sold worldwide.

So why Canon does lock the 6D EOS Remote App to some specific regions?

This should be corrected.

HD Cam Team
Group of photographers and filmmakers using Canon cameras for serious purposes.
www.hdcamteam.com | www.twitter.com/HDCamTeam | www.facebook.com/HDCamTeam

You heard it from Canons mouth. Will just repeat it again for Canon to see:

And i quote 

"Dear David Madden:

Sincerely,

Dirk
Technical Support Representative"

www.davidmaddenphoto.com
Announcements