cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6500px resolution from EOS 5D Mark II

Allie23a
Apprentice

Hi all,

I am trying to sell my artwork on a site that requires a 6500px dimension.

My camera won't shoot that large and my photo software won't let me upscale the image. Can anyone recommend photo software that will?

Would appreciate your help!

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Your cameras sensor captures 5760 × 3840, so it's not too big stretch to get to 6500.

I have never used it, but have been amazed by their other software, so you may want to give Topaz Labs Gigapixel AI a try. IIRC, you get a free trial, and if it's like their other apps, it will use Raw, but I'm not sure about that. It will work standalone or as a plugin.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Peter
Authority
Authority

Make a panorama. I use Hugin for that.

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Adobe Photoshop can upscale, though it will have limits.   It will also depend if the artwork site really wants native 6500 px and higher (would they be able to tell things have been upscaled?)

Depending upon what you're capturing, panoramas may be possible as Peter points out.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If you are running Windows, take a look at Paint-Dot-Net.  It’s free and very easy to use. It is what Microsoft wanted to use replace Paint, but some type of agreement was never worked out.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Danny

Hi, Allie23a!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon camera model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Danny, I am using a Canon EOS 5D Mark III.

Thanks

Your cameras sensor captures 5760 × 3840, so it's not too big stretch to get to 6500.

I have never used it, but have been amazed by their other software, so you may want to give Topaz Labs Gigapixel AI a try. IIRC, you get a free trial, and if it's like their other apps, it will use Raw, but I'm not sure about that. It will work standalone or as a plugin.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

sceneit
Enthusiast

What website if you don't mind my asking? 

@sceneit wrote:

What website if you don't mind my asking? 

Click Here

Newton

Sorry I was talking to the OP. IMHO Topaz isn't the best option for this use case because Topaz is super aggressive and adds too many artifacts. Photoshop's "Super Resolution" upsizing built into ACR will accomplish this much more naturally. 

Announcements