cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Mark IV

Outdoors
Apprentice

Has anyone had any issues with the 5D Mark IV not shooting extremely sharp? I have had mine now for  a few months and I can't get truely sharp photos even with tripod and manuel focusing. I had it calibrated twice and with the same lens I use 90% of my time. Problem is that I can pull shots with my previous camera and same lens just as well as with this 5d Mark IV, and it was a T5i. Any ideas what to do? I see peoples super sharp photos and makes me jealous I can't get that out of mine. Any help would be great!!!

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@Outdoors wrote:

Has anyone had any issues with the 5D Mark IV not shooting extremely sharp? I have had mine now for  a few months and I can't get truely sharp photos even with tripod and manuel focusing. I had it calibrated twice and with the same lens I use 90% of my time. Problem is that I can pull shots with my previous camera and same lens just as well as with this 5d Mark IV, and it was a T5i. Any ideas what to do? I see peoples super sharp photos and makes me jealous I can't get that out of mine. Any help would be great!!!

Are you saying the 5D Mark IV is no sharper than the Rebel T5i, or that the 5D Mark IV doesn't take sharp photos?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The 5D Mk IV is capable of extremely sharp photos. Most of the time sharp photos are user error and not the camera. Cameras do what we tell them to do most of the time that is.

Lenses make the shot. Not the camera. The camera basically becomes a storage device for what the lens saw. Usually the better camera produces the better photo, however. Of course input form you as the photographer and the camera doing its thing place some parameters to this. That is where I would start my investigation as to why you are not getting super sharp photos.

Start with a full reset of the 5D Mk IV back to default settings. Set P mode, ISO 200, daylight and One shot. On a nice sunny day do some random shots, trees, fences building, etc. They should be sharp. If they are not try a different lens. If they still are not sharp call Canon for a service order.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements