cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Lens Hoods fit RF 2/85 and 1.8/50 lenses?

No-Frills
Contributor

So far as I see Canon has no lens hoods for the RF 2/85 and 1.8/50 lenses in stock.

As I bought these lenses I fitted two screw mount hoods. They do there job but are not very handy.

Which lens hoods fit RF 2/85 and 1.8/50 lenses? Some dealer say the EF 1.8/50 hood fits the RF 1.8/50, too.

I found some 3rd party hoods for the RF 2/85 on ebay but I'm not convinced that they really fit this lens.

If you want to visit Germany feel free to ask me about good locations for photography in my region (Ruhr district, ex coal mine area, Duesseldorf). And yes, my username is inspired by some sketches of the Carol Burnett Show.
4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

The info is available on the product pages for these lenses under the Supplies & Accessories section.

For the RF 85mm f/2, you'd want Lens Hood ET-77.  See This Link.

For the RF 50mm f/1.8, you'd want Lens Hood ES-65B.  See This Link.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Meanwhile I got the ES-65B, but this hood is far to big for the RF 50mm f/1.8. It is a very good transport security but not handy. It is longer as the lens and it is a pain in the ass to reverse the hood. It occupies also to much space in the bag.

My screw-on hood is much more handy.

If you want to visit Germany feel free to ask me about good locations for photography in my region (Ruhr district, ex coal mine area, Duesseldorf). And yes, my username is inspired by some sketches of the Carol Burnett Show.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I found some 3rd party hoods for the RF 2/85 on ebay but I'm not convinced that they really fit this lens."

I would not buy any of these.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I agree whith you. I have 2 JCC hood for RF lenses - the brand name may be different in other contries. They fit and work very well and have a press button.

But a lot other 3rd party hood on ebay are junk. My wife bought two for her EF-S lenses, one works since 2 years, the other one jammed after some months and is useless after 15 months.

Announcements