cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When canon going to release 35mm f1.4 ii? Does anybody knows the information...I am just waiting!

bsridev
Apprentice

Hi 

I would like to buy one Good Prime lens for my recent 5dm3.

Anyone please suggest me when canon going to release 35mm f1.4 ii. In Internet I can see lot topics related to 35mm ii but no one gives exact answer.

Thanks

Sridev

11 REPLIES 11

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

That's because no one outside of Canon knows the answer of even if, much less when.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

That's right.  Who knows?

But the current 35mm f1.4 is a pretty darn good lens and it has a nice rebate right now, too..  Why wait?  Plus the Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art lens is fantastic.  Maye even besting the new Canon version II and you can get it now.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

I noticed one of the rumors sites simply indicating that Canon had filed a patent for it.  But Canon files LOTS of patents for lenses and products that never come to market (or sometimes don't come to market for years.)  

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

bsridev
Apprentice
Hi
Then I go for canon 35mmf1.4 or Sigma 1.4 art?

Would you please suggest me.

Thanks

IMHO, as always, I would go for the real Canon brand lens.  Especially when Canon makes the same thing.  Nobody builds an "L" lens except Canon.

However, this Sigma is the real deal.  Some say it is the best 35mm lens ever made.  It is that good.  It is big and heavy and expensive, too.  I have the whole set of Sigmas in this series, the 35mm f1.4, 50mm f1.4 and 85mm f1.4.  Of course you are going to have to be a pixel peeper to see the difference in real world use.  These three Siggy's are top notch.

EB

aholeinthewor1d
Apprentice
What about the Sigma 30mm 1.4 art? Is this lens just as good as the other sigma primes you mentioned?

"What about the Sigma 30mm 1.4 art?"

I don't have this lens and I am not likely to buy one since I have the 35mm f1.4.  Also, I don't reccommend equipment I don't own or have used at least.  So at this point, I can't say but I would guess it is very good.

EB

bsridev
Apprentice
Ebiggs: do you think canon 24-70 2.8 ii would replace all of your above suggestions?

I own the first version of the 24-70mm f2.8 and I have used the newer version.  These both are the best there is in thier class.

However, they ar not f1.4. So if that is your objective, than, no it would not.  if on the other hand you want the more versitle lens, than, yes, it will.

The primes are not only faster, they are sharper.  Now the truth is, in real world photography is that benifical?  Likely, it is not.

But it depends on your needs and final use.

EB
click here to view the gallery
Announcements