cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a good lens for EOS R50? - Portraits and architecture

Raymondk1_
Contributor

I have a Canon R50. I upgraded from the canon rebel T but this lens that came with the R50 i would like to upgrade it. What is a good lens for portraits, taking pictures of architecture and just everyday things

5 REPLIES 5

March411
Rising Star

Good day Raymond.

Do you have a budget, knowing what you want to spend would narrow down the suggestions. Also, are you looking at purchasing fixed focal length or a zoom lens which could offer flexibility.

Be a different person on the web, be kind, respectful and most of all be helpful!
Accuracy of statement is one of the first elements of truth; inaccuracy is a near kin to falsehood. - Tryon Edwards

90D ~ 5D Mk IV ~ R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
Personal Gallery

Finelld
Apprentice

One of the best classic portrait lenses is a fast 80-85mm on a full frame camera.

i use a variety of lenses for architecture.  For tall buildings a tilt-shift lens can be very helpful.  A good rectilinear wide angle is also very useful.

Except, of course, the R50 is APS-C.

What does that mean bro

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"One of the best classic portrait lenses is a fast 80-85mm on a full frame camera."

I agree with KVB the 85mm would not be a good choice in fact a poor choice. Don't get caught up in the so-called labels people put on certain lenses. It depends on so much more than FL. Did you not get the RF-S 18-45mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens? Use it as it is a decent lens for GP on a R50. Find out what it won't do before you make any decisions about a new or upgrade lens.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
click here to view the gallery
Announcements