cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What adapter do I need for my EF-M 18-150mm on an EOS M50

Sarah345davis
Apprentice

Bought  a new lens for my sons camera and didn't realize it needed an adapter,  Which one do I need to connect to a EOS M50 and the EF-M 18-150mm lens?  Thought this was the one but it's not.

1.JPG

I clearly know very little about cameras.

[Commercial link removed per forum guidelines and replaced with screenshot to facilitate discussion.]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

that lens is a RF-S 18-150mm and not the EF-M 18-150mm (two entirely different lenses).  unfortunately, you cannot mount an RF-S lense onto a EF-M mount (there is no adapter available).

jaewoosong_0-1672445497552.png

-jaewoo

Rebel XT, 7D, 5Dm3, 5DmIV (current), EOS R, EOS R5 (current)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jaewoosong
Rising Star
Rising Star

based on the info you provided, the EF-M 18-150mm should fit on the EOS M50 w/o any adapter.

-jaewoo

Correct.  The EOS M50 uses an EF-M mount so any EF-M lens can be directly connected; no adapter required.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

AtticusLake
Mentor
Mentor

You're putting an EF-M lens on an EF-M camera -- it should fit directly.  No adapter is necessary or possible.

The adapter you've pictured is for fitting EF and EF-S lenses to EF-M cameras, like your M50.  But the EF-M 18-150mm lens is -- as the name states -- EF-M, not EF or EF-S.

If you want to know more about fitting lenses to cameras, this guide might help: https://moonblink.info/MudLake/gear/lenses

Sarah345davis
Apprentice

I am at a loss.  The lens doesn't fit.  By looking at the photos can any of you see the difference? I see the difference and based on the lens and camera they should fit.IMG_3314.jpgIMG_3315.jpg

that lens is a RF-S 18-150mm and not the EF-M 18-150mm (two entirely different lenses).  unfortunately, you cannot mount an RF-S lense onto a EF-M mount (there is no adapter available).

jaewoosong_0-1672445497552.png

-jaewoo

THANK YOU!!!  Seems as though the lens I received was packaged incorrectly.  Mystery solved..

Thanks everyone.

Announcements