cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF Mount Drop-in ND filter

Lynchpin
Apprentice

I'd like a drop-in mount for my R5C, but everything seems to be an EF-RF adapter. Is there just a simple RF mount drop-in?

5 REPLIES 5

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Unless it would be built in to specific RF lenses, you couldn't have an adapter sit between an RF lens and the mount.

You'll need to look into either circular screw-on filters or the square type with filter holders for the vast majority of RF lenses.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

That's what I figured. Appreciate the response. 

Thanks for that reply.  My question too - why don't they actually make a dial in ND  RF only adapter that would sit between an R5 and and an RF lens?  I hav been spoilt by my Canon C70.   and it would be good to be able to do this when I eventually get a Red Komodo.

It's probably one of engineering; specifically space constraints.  Note that an EOS C70 has a Super 35 sensor, so the physical size of the filters are quite a bit smaller than what would be required for a full frame sensor.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@LynchPin,

Of course Ricky's response is spot on.

Both Canon and Meike make EF to RF adapters with drop in / adjustable ND's.  Creator MonkeyPixels on youtube has done testing and produced content on the meike.  vlog#9 I think.  Anyway, while I always recommend canon with canon, the meike for the R5 C is pretty cool.  The only real drawback (if this is one) is that the dial adjustment doesn't have clicks.  It also has 5-8 special effect filters in addition to ND if thats your thing. (fun)

shadowsports_0-1674229368785.jpeg

shadowsports_1-1674229492581.jpeg

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements