cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens slightly wobbling

fparedes
Contributor

Dear community:

The top portion of the lens is wobbling a little bit from side to side due to an unexpected drop to the floor. I checked and the lens is working fine. manual mode and AF mode work fine. Should I send it to service or do you think I can live with it? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Should I send it to service or do you think I can live with it?"

Yes by all means.

Any dropped lens or camera needs attention.  There can be and likely is hidden damage indicated by, " the lens is wobbling a little bit from side to side...".  Lenses are critically aligned equipment. Dropping that appears to have no damage can alter any or all those critical alignments. Send it in and explain it was dropped.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Should I send it to service or do you think I can live with it?"

Yes by all means.

Any dropped lens or camera needs attention.  There can be and likely is hidden damage indicated by, " the lens is wobbling a little bit from side to side...".  Lenses are critically aligned equipment. Dropping that appears to have no damage can alter any or all those critical alignments. Send it in and explain it was dropped.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thank you ebiggs1, yes, I did, I sent the camera and lens to the canon center in Costa Mesa, CA. Thank you for your advice.

Announcements