cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo with EF-M Kits Lens has a hazy spot

charlsoquino
Apprentice

I never notice this before but just recently, I see a hazy spot in ALL my photos taken with my 15-45mm Kit lens. It only happens if I shoot at aroun 15-20mm. When I zoom in further, the hazy spot is gone. When I use another lens, I dont see any problem - thus I concluded it has something to do with the lens. The hazy spot is on the center right of every photo. Thanks to anyone that will respond.

E83494C5-1608-4A9F-AA12-B0C7C45D6414.jpeg

95EF7637-0E75-43FB-A260-107C927A97D1.jpeg

Does anyone know what it is? Im not really so much of an expert in cameras. Please see the sample photo attached.

6 REPLIES 6

yes. it is a canon m50 mark2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Hold the lens up to a light and look through it. You may have fungus in the lens. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

i'll look into it. thank you so much.

Hi charlsoquino,

Thanks for sharing those images.

It is possible that you might have residue in the lens, as jrhoffman75 suggested. It is also possible that you have residue on the camera's sensor.

I'll give you some suggestions below for how you can clean the sensor, but please keep in mind that the camera's sensor is quite sensitive. I would suggest utmost care when trying the suggestions below.

You’ll also need a bulb blower to complete the process, which you can find for a few dollars at camera stores or at the electronics section of a department store.

Our recommendation is that you turn your camera on, turn the round dial to the P, TV, AV, or M mode, then press MENU, and scroll over to the SET UP menu, the one with the icon of two tools. There you will be looking for the SENSOR CLEANING option.

If you do a manual cleaning, then the camera will pop up the mirror until you turn off the camera again. At this point, you'll have access to the sensor as soon as you remove the lens.

We recommend that you use a bulb blower to gently squeeze air near the affected area. We suggest that you avoid actually touching the sensor with the bulb blower.

If that doesn't help, or if you don't feel comfortable cleaning the camera sensor by yourself, you may send the camera to our Service Center. You might want to send along a photo where you circle or highlight any spots you've noticed. That way our repair technicians can get to work on the problem areas right away.

In that case, I suggest that you email us at eosdigitalsupport@cits.canon.com with details about your camera, your date of purchase, and the state from where you are sending the camera, and we'll walk you through the repair process.

Thank you so much!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

This lens is in bad shape.1A1DB803-52EA-41E6-9E0E-FA19E7EAD6F0.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements