cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No EXIF Info for RF 100-500mm Lens

TBB
Contributor

Hi, all.  I'm shooting the R7 with the RF 100-500mm lens.  I've noticed no lens info shows up in the EXIF info.  Is there a fix for this?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey, Waddizzle.  Thanks for responding.  A couple of interesting things going on here.  First of all, I can't import the CR3 files to DPP.  So I'm opening them in Windows Photos, then right click on the photo and go to 'Properties'.  All the info is there except lens data.  However, if I post an image to Flickr, all the lens data is there in the EXIF file.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What application are using to reac the data?  Have you tried using Canon’s D  DPP4?

Does camera report it correctly?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hey, Waddizzle.  Thanks for responding.  A couple of interesting things going on here.  First of all, I can't import the CR3 files to DPP.  So I'm opening them in Windows Photos, then right click on the photo and go to 'Properties'.  All the info is there except lens data.  However, if I post an image to Flickr, all the lens data is there in the EXIF file.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings TBB,

So you are using Windows OS, hopefully something current.  Are you using DPP v4.17?  Sounds like a software issue.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Howdy Shadowsports.  Yes, I'm using Windows 11.  However, I misspoke earlier.  I CAN view the files in DPP, but Zoombrowser EX no longer functions to automatically transfer the files from my memory card to my computer.  But by copying the DCIM folder to my computer, I can then open the files in DPP and all the info is there.  So, I guess it's just windows that won't read the entire EXIF file?  Thanks!

Announcements