cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New M200 15-45mm lens won't fully retract into base

slinky
Contributor

Just received the new M200 and put on the lens. It was fully retracted into the base and compact. Took it out for some shooting and now it stays extended and rotating the zoom between 15 and 45 has the camera retract halfway at 30 and retracting outward again at 15mm. Turning off the camera does not initiate any movement in the lens. So the black part always stays slightly extended even at it's most retracted position. Can someone explain what is happening and why it won't retract fully?

I have taken the lens on and off, etc. and gone through the usual troubleshooting. The photos are otherwise excellent, albeit slightly dark.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Please forgive me for asking the obvious. Did you press the latch on the left side of the lens - the same one used to extend the lens, when retracting it?

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Please forgive me for asking the obvious. Did you press the latch on the left side of the lens - the same one used to extend the lens, when retracting it?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thanks - not obvious at all. I HAD also used that switch and it continued to rotate in and outward. Then, when it completed that revolution, I was able to ultimately collapse it into the base. It's a very odd experience. And us much as I've seen it reviled it's actually nice to have a lens locking mechanism for a variety of reasons.

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Glad it worked out for you in the end.

cheers, TREVOR

PhotoCrazy
Apprentice

Thanks, but this solution didn't work for me for M200 15-45mm lens. I have not really used the camera. Only set up the minimum for a few minutes, and lens won't retract all the way: gently manually or with the arrow slide switch button on the lens. Please give a solution. Manual online and paper manual do not explain this fix from what I found. *** SOLUTION: I found the solution in very small type font in the online lens manual step 2 that says press the lens switch while gently turning the manual focus in the opposite direction. This works, but this info needs to be included with the lens sale, especially the camera plus lens combo common product sale: https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/0/0300021110/01/efm15-45f35-63isstm-im-eng.pdf.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements