cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Pictures are Horrible with Extender RF1.4x

Laney93
Contributor

I have the R6 using the 100-500 rf lens. The pictures are great. But when i add the 1.4 extender the pictures are horrible. Never had this problem before the rf series.. is there something i need to do on my setup???

28 REPLIES 28

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

We know what horrible is, but not necessarily what it looks like.  What are the problems or issues you are seeing for facing?  Any example might help.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Almost like the pictures are shaky/ blurry. I don't have any examples yet but I'm headed out now to go try again. I will post some tonight. I just don't know if it's me or the extender.i haven't used it in months. Honestly i lost it and just found it again lol. I'm shooting eagles with the shutter speed at least 1600

Please shoot in RAW and upload some samples to DropBox or One Drive so we can examine. Thanks.

Be sure you are not using any filters on the camera.

Do you have a different lens that the extender would be compatible with?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I always shoot RAW..I do have a 70-200 i can try with it. I'm going to shoot with it now so I'll load some tonight

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What is "horrible" and how are you determining it? Is it a Canon extender? I have quipped before that the two best days in a photographer's life are the day he first gets his extender, and the day he stops using it.

Almost like the pictures are shaky/ blurry. I don't have any examples yet but I'm headed out now to go try again. I will post some tonight. I just don't know if it's me or the extender.i haven't used it in months. Honestly i lost it and just found it again lol. I'm shooting eagles with the shutter speed at least 1600. It's been this way since day 1 so i stopped using it. Never had any problems with the ef series

amfoto1
Authority

Are you aware that the RF teleconverters can only be used on the RF 100-500mm in the 300mm to 500mm range of the zoom? In other words, perhaps you were trying to use it on the lens with it zoomed to shorter focal lengths?

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7DII (x2), 7D(x2), EOS M5, some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR

I believe that limitation is a physical issue. The rear lens element moves while zooming and must be at a certain zoom level before there is sufficient space. Similar to the EF 70-300L lens. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I am aware of that

Announcements