cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Repair Parts For EF 200-400mm F4 L IS USM Extender 1.4x Lens Bayonet Mount Ring

rajivwelikala
Apprentice

Hi All,  

I am looking for Canon original Lens Bayonet Mount Ring for my Canon 200-400mm F4

I found it on Ali Express, but I was warned not to use duplicates.

Can someone point me in the right direction of who I should contact in Canon to get this part? Any e mail or person? 

Much appreciated

Many Thanks

R

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Just call the Canon contact number for the country/region you live in.

In the US you could call 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"... Lens Bayonet Mount Ring ..."

Just curious since I don't have that lens but us there anything special about the mounting ring?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

We are talking about a $10,000 lens when new, and about $5,000-$7,000 when used. 

I am curious as to why you would not have it professionally repaired by a Canon authorized repair service? 

84CE01B9-D9C8-4D8D-8F46-3C6C7BEA5CF0.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

I'm with Mike on this one. After investing a SIGNIFICANT amount on the lens, applying do-it-yourself solutions to fixing it is a risk I would never take. Better to have an authorized repair facility deal with it, and they are both responsible and skilled enough to do the gear justice.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Dear Trevor, 

I agree, if I was in the USA or Europe where the authorized dealers are competent or capable I would by all means give them. 

But living in Sri Lanka we dont have that kind of luxury, 

I am trying to get the part down so the workshop here can replace it when I get it, as it seems faster to find my own way to bring the original parts than wait for months without being able to use my lens which is costing me so much in lost assignments and tours. 

Hence asking an authorized dealer in your neck of the woods who can help ship this part down for me. 

Thanks again

Regards

Rajiv 

@rajivwelikala wrote:

Dear Trevor, 

I agree, if I was in the USA or Europe where the authorized dealers are competent or capable I would by all means give them. 

But living in Sri Lanka we dont have that kind of luxury, 

I am trying to get the part down so the workshop here can replace it when I get it, as it seems faster to find my own way to bring the original parts than wait for months without being able to use my lens which is costing me so much in lost assignments and tours. 

Hence asking an authorized dealer in your neck of the woods who can help ship this part down for me. 

Thanks again

Regards

Rajiv 

That's a tough one.  You have my sympathy.  You could try contacting lensrentals.com in the USA and explaining your predicament.  They are a huge rental company and, as far as I know, do their own repair and maintenance.  They MIGHT be pursuaded to help you.  Worth a try...

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

You can download the parts list from here. Then you can search for a supplier of the part. 

DC2BE08B-ED4B-4722-8C41-4A11CD7D5381.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi Mike

I live in Sri Lanka, 

The canon authorized dealer here has no way or clue to bring such a part down. 

I have guys to get the job done to replace, but I have no way of getting an original part down. 

If I can get the part down, I will get the workshop in the Canon dealer here to replace it. 

If i was living in USA or Europe by all means I would give it to the reputed dealer to sort it out. But when your living in the middle of no where, we need to do things to make things work. 

Hope you can understand my predicament. 

Regards

Rajiv 

Announcements