cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens Adaptor for Canon EOS Rebel XS to Rebel t7

goodmann
Contributor

Hello!

I currently have a Canon EOS Rebel t7 and a few lenses I've purchased. My dad recently gave me his old camera, an EOS Rebel xs, and a bunch of lenses with it. Is there an adaptor that I can purchase to make the lenses that worked with his Rebel xs work with my Rebel t7? The lenses are a close fit, but not quite the same size. 

I appreciate any and all help! 

13 REPLIES 13

@goodmann wrote:

I think I identified the issue -- I think there is slight damage to the lens mount. A little bit of the metal is slightly bent in one area. I was lining up the dots and it was not working. However, this would explain that! 

Screenshot 2024-09-25 193130.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

What is the exact wording on the lenses. Look on the very front of each lens and report back. You should see something like EF 50mm 1:1.2L.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

One of the lenses that does not work for my Canon EOS Rebel T7 says "EF 28-135mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS" 

normadel
Authority
Authority

Goodmann......

Just to make it clear.....Your Rebel  T7 camera can take ANY and ALL EF and EF-S mount lenses ever made. If you try one that does not fit it's because the mount on the lens is damaged.  Forcing a damaged lens onto the camera can damage the camera's mount too. Be careful.

Announcements