cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R7 Landscape Lens Recommendations

iaokie
Contributor

Seeking advice on options for a landscape lens that will work with my R 7 I have now and work with the R5 Mk 2 i hopefully can purchase in a year or so

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

If I owned an R seirs camera I would not invest or buy any more EF lenses. Look forward not backward.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Panos are really cool, but they can be demanding.  You'll learn about things like nodal points.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

As long as I am not capturing any foreground objects, just objects off in the distance, then nodal points become a “don’t care condition.”  However, I do ae a nodal rail, which I use mostly for macro shooting.

805C0362-2864-464F-B2AD-9C7535994187.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

You need the right post processing software app to create the final panoramic image. I cannot remember if DPP can do it, but I seem to recall using Canon software to create a few small ones.

I use Adobe Photo Suite to create larger ones that create JPG files over 100 MB. The Canon(?) app I was using a decade ago could not create files that size.  It might have been PhotoStitch, which seems to be no longer available.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

iaokie
Contributor

So I do have an EF-R adaptor would It be worth considering looking for an EF type lenses or would the quality not be  comparable to the cost savings

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

If I owned an R seirs camera I would not invest or buy any more EF lenses. Look forward not backward.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements