cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EF better image than RF on R6, Normal?

Pauly_6_String
Enthusiast

Hello all.  I just took some test shots to compare IQ with a few lenses at 100mm. Wanted to see how the Viltrox EF-R2 affects IQ if at all.

I used a variety of lenses, RF 24-105, EF 24-105 (1st gen), RF 100-400, Tamron EF 70-200 2.8 G2.

The EF 24-105 was noticeably better than the RF 24-105.  Should that be the case? At f/4 it was way better at the sides. At f/8 both improved but EF was still a touch better.

2nd question, the EF image shows a touch more of the subject. Is that just the fact that that adapter places the lens a bit further from the sensor?

Thanks

22 REPLIES 22

I still use the 7DII and it's still as good as it ever was.  It makes a great back-up unit for your R6, especially as it is an ASP-C unit.  Frankly, you won't get that much for it now, and I would suggest thinking carefully about what you would get to replace it and at what cost.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I think the issue is that Paul is concerned at the resolution of the RF 24-105, not so much the generation 1 EF unit.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

While it seems to have been dropped, if you want to measure the focal length:

http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/technical/measuring_focal_length.html 

Announcements