cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM Lens retract/lock

warfieldh
Apprentice

I have the EOS M50 with the 15 -45mm lens.  Clicking the release and turning the ring unlocked the lens.  However, when I go to re-lock, the lens collar does not rotate all the way back into the lens body.

Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong?

5 REPLIES 5

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi warfieldh,

The focus ring on the front of the lens can still stick out a bit when the lens is locked into place. There is a setting on the camera you can change to have it retract the focus ring when you turn the camera off.

To set that put the camera into either P, Tv, Av, or M and press the Menu button. Go to the fifth yellow wrench page and select Custom Functions (C.Fn). Bring up the page the Retract Lens On Power Off and enable it. Once that is enabled when you turn off the camera it will retract the front focus ring. Then you can lock the lens and remove it and it should all be flush.

Hazel - thank you for the suggestion - found the Retract Lens on Power Off and enabled it.  Nothing changed.  On power off the 'sleeve' of the lens tube (the part where the lens cover is attached) still protrudes from the focus ring by about a half inch.  Not sure if that is optimal or if I'm doing something wrong.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Here's how Canon presents the lens in its ads.

EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM (canon.com)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Mine looks like this:

C347650B-84FA-45E6-8EFD-61A8A0C7205E.jpeg

Give Canon a call at (866) 261-9362 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements